Posts Tagged As #sts
Science and Technology Studies
- Information Warfare Is Without Limits and So Are Its ConsequencesIf we fail to see the last eight years as anything less than eight years of continuous war, we fail to understand the politics of cyberspace.
- Fix My CodeEngineering alone can't fix what's wrong with the internet.
- An Identity Through TimeFrom port 79 and citizen's band radio to facebook.com, some lessons learned about digital identity from the time-traveling Outlander.
- Truth Storms the CapitolThe people who stormed the Capitol entered with ease because the Truth was already inside the building. The result of small realities, narrowly cast.
- Gallery 404Exhibiting the culture of a generation, lost to time.
- Internet Identity Workshop XXXIA recap of the ideas and technology that will shape the future of our internet identity - from cautious optimism to dystopic warnings.
- Software Preservation in Networked ArtPreserving net.art forces us to confront fundamental questions in computer science and our approach to both programming and cultural preservation.
- The Mothers of the Mother of All DemosBill English was part of a team that revolutionized computing. A look at the shoulders they stood on.
- The Distributed Web is a Communal EnterpriseBy establishing common values that are reflected in how we build technology, we can establish a strong communal foundation with mechanisms for accountability.
- Personal PrivacyThe United States has been legislating on digital privacy for half a century - why hasn't it been effective?
- The Future of Internet GovernanceThree models to help resolve conflicts and form partnerships as the global community comes together to build the next internet.
- MLK and “Domestic Terrorism”The narrative can change, but we must overcome the disinformation and fear that has overtaken the United States.
- Aggregators, Publishers, and the Third WayWhen we stopped owning our own information, we forgot that owning the platform was an option.
- The Flow of Data, the Flow of MythsThe flow of information through time, bit by bit.
- Notes From the Ambient ChurchFormally encoding Western music enabled its propagation through the centuries, creating an industry and a practice where this notation is essentially requisite.
- Open InviteStart a conversation about the things we care about.